THE STRAIT JACKETS
1. The Straitjackets - a brief history, discography please?
Formed early 2004, 4 lads got together to form The Straitjackets, Jimmy on the vocals and guitar, Lee on lead guitar, Danny on bass and Jack on drums. After some line-up changes, The Straitjackets found the perfect addition, Lee 'on drums' who joined at the end of 2004. After a load of shows and more line-up changes, Lee on drums became Lee on Bass.. and the big man, Charlie joined the band.. and Jimmy picked up the harmonica as well. Playing gigs to enthusiastic crowds of punks and psychos since mid 2004, along with support slots with The Meteors, King Kurt, Demented are Go and the UK Subs. The Straitjackets have managed to create their own mix of punk/rockabilly.
UK Punx Volume I
From The Streets Vol I
My Baby Got Killed By A Landmine
Death in the City EP
2. Describe your fellow band members in 5 degrading words apiece.
Can't really think what to say. They’re all horrible, and I hate them all as equally..
But if I had to...
Jimmy - Ball slapper
Lee - Fat Balls
Charlie - Dick play
That's all I can think of to degrade these scumbags
3. Jimmy Tarbuck has had his penis replace by a five iron. His testicles have been replaced by two Wilson X-Lite golf balls. He is still a very unfunny man and charges extortionate prices for gigs but he can hit the fairway using nothing more than his genitalia and his scrotal contents. Is golf so important and have you ever been involved in off-the-tee behaviour?
A little, I remember some off the tee behaviour between me and Lee the guitarist, which went along the lines of us using each others balls as golf balls, going round Jimmy's living room as a golf course, and Jimmy and Charlie opening their mouths as me and Lee used dick clubs to whack each others balls into their gaping holes... true story that.
6. What's your local scene like and how does it compare with other areas?
7. What's your fave Straitjacket song and what makes it so special?
10. Ambitions both personal and as a band please?
Band: work so fucking hard, promotional; gigging and just to keep this band together with three of the soundest lads I've ever had the pleasure of meeting in me whole life.
11. Tom 'O' Connor is a fruit machine addict. Shocking I know but his insatiable appetite to 'hold his plums' and 'nudge his lemons' - is overwhelming. Is it me or am I missing something here?
I think he's the type of guy who'd squeeze lemon juice on his plums... then make a fella lick it off, and get turned on by what face eating a lemon makes ya do... I know.. It’s crazy.. but c'est la vie
12. Finally push the Straitjackets and persuade us that we need to invest in a gig and CD real soon.
It's the best thing yall hear for a long time, and that's it.. leave ya wanting more.. why? because we'll either not finish a set, have a technical problem and not finish a set.. get pissed on stage and just finish a set.. or.. just play the best show yav ever seen, and make ya wanna see another set - So get a CD and come to a fucking show.