1. Tell us about the Northern Guns, where it all started, the members and what are your ambitions?
It probably started back in 2002, when Me 'n' Rich (guitarist) were so sick of there been nothing to do in Guiseley. We were in an English lesson and were just sat there and we had both started playing the drums 'n' Guitar.
When we started out we were a 3 piece with Me, Rich (Guitar) and a mate from school called Liam who was on bass. We had a couple of rhythm guitarists along the way but that never really stuck, then we got singer Kat Smith in - she was singer for about 8 months but again it wasn't working out so the band split.
Now the final line-up is Rich Trus- Guitar and Vox, Jonny W- Bass and Conor Dawson (me)- Drums and Vox.
2. What are your gripes and pleasures about today's music scene and do you think enough is done for music at street level?
There are some great bands out there Rebel Yell, The Nimrods etc. not getting the chance to get out there because the scene is quite a hard one to break intom and very few bands make a living out of it, thats the only problem, the evil people at record companys need to do more for music at street level too.
3. Hector Lux manufacturer of sexual soap bars was recently jailed for releasing clitoris shaped bath bombs with the words 'I hate greek pelicans' on them. The authorities claimed that these were the most sinister and foul bathroom items they had ever come across since Arther Duckscrewer tried to patent his rectal valve cleanser. If your musical career goes tits up are there any deviant bathroom items you may wish to invent?
That scenes dead now, its all about naked extreme sports, sky diving and water skiing, its the way forward, I'm gonna make millions from it, there is a definite gap in the market.
4. What are the NG's highs and lows so far?
Our highest moments has gotta be the moments we realised we were that shit, we have never had much luck with shit like that? We've been a band for so long, everyone we went to school with always thought we were a bit shit coz they didn't get it, but we then started playing real gigs and the folks are digging it so its all good. We went back just before Christmas and played another gig for the people we used to go to school with and they were all looking a bit confused so I presumed that gig wasn't our best.
5. Tell us your influences and heroes and zeroes in music and life?
We draw our influences from all over the place, there's the obivous in there like The Clash of course.
Rich- Spanish Waitor Called Raul
7. If you were given £20,000 for your band what would you spend it on and why?
Its a tough one, coz we don't really need anything, money can't buy you fans or fame can it? We would probably start by getting a reet good P.A system and some decent Merch...
8. Sausage meat breast implants or dead squirrel buttock enhancers - which one would suit you best if you were stranded on a desert island? oh and what 3 records would you take?
Dead Squirrel Buttock Enhancers, its the future, gotta be comfy when ya sat on them hard rocks plus I hear Squirrel tastes quite nice.
Records I would take are 1. The Clash-The Clash 2. Dropkick Murphys-Sing Loud Sing Proud and Northern Guns- Radio Riot E.P (I'm bloody proud of that record).
9. If you could organise a gig what 5 bands would be on it and why?
10. You have 5 sentences to promote and push The Northern Guns - go for it and convince us to check you lot out?
We play real music that matters to us. We try and include the fans who come to our gigs, they've paid money for it, if they wanna skank, dance get drunk, get onstage with us they can.
11. Bobby Crush was banned from television for snorting the ash of burnt piano keys. He had an affair with a table leg and killed his father with an overdose of Bisto gravy. Is the pressure of creating music this bad and what pressures do you feel on this punk carousel.
Ha Ha , first of all thats gotta the best question I've ever heard in an interview but back to the answer.
12. Finally - give us a message from all at the NG's that all music lovers should abide by?
Don't let the Bastards Grind you down, thats the only message I live by everyday and so should you...