Well Section 47 started out as a couple of mates (and my girlfriend, Katie on bass) jamming in our mates garage (Eddie) we were called Moral Panic then. Unfortunately we were shit and I had no timing (I still don't, lol) and Eddie was a big metal head (and me) so it was a cross between Bad Religion and Slayer. We realised it wasn't going anywhere so Me, Katie, and Rik formed Section 47. We wrote a few songs and got them badily recorded on Katies shitty laptop (the songs on the myspace). We then looked for a drummer (it took a while). We found Joel who's percussion twatting abilities amazed us. We were complete.
Katie - Fucking lazy arsed moody bitch
3. Peter Potato has cultivated a new strain of spud using his own excrement, fizzy lemonade and a Paul Daniels Magicians starter kit. The taste is somewhat harsh and the said vegetables occasionally disappear but 'Thats Magic'. The question is what new style of vegetable would you like to see in the shops and are runner beans racist?
The punk scene in the local area is good. Roadkill, Kamikaze Sperm, SONIC BOOM SIX, Stand Out Riot, Revenge of the Psychotronic Man, Section 47, Big Mo, Systematics, Kings of the Delmar, Goldblade. And many more, Manchester is rockin'. Just a shame about all the racist skins too. But all that matters is the music.
6. How did you first get into punk rock and how would you sell the cause to non-converts?
Well when I first got into music I discovered Queen. I was grounded for a year for shoplifting so had no money to go out and buy cd's or hang around with friends (bastard parents). My mate lent me OFFSPRING and I got into The Sex Pistols, the Clash, Black Sabbath, Motorhead, Metallica, and all that jazz. When I was un-grounded I got into all the glam rock (yes I was a glam rocker) like Poison, Guns n Roses, Aerosmith, Motley Rrue (which in my opinion is all still punk rock). So from there I got into, Buzzcocks, Ramones, Pistols, also the newer generation Good Charlotte, Offspring. Then I got into metal like Pantera (AWESOME BAND), At The Gates, Machine Head, Iron Maiden, and I followed their influences like Discharge, Conflict, Misfits, and stuff. It was when I met Katie I REALLY got into punk. I started to listen to her bands as well (I'm shit with song names) so I was like do you have anything by Bad Religion, Exploited, Black Flag and all that cos I was skint and I dont have a pc, and I don't believe in stealing music off the internet. I LOVED going to gigs so with a new punk friend (and girlfriend) I went to lots of punk gigs that I wanted to go to but no one to go with cos all my mates were metal heads. Anyway, punk rock . . . . rocks. Punk rock is diverse, its intelligent, its for misguided youth, its what you want it to be, its clever, its political, its about a good time, its about girls. IT'S NOT ONE DIMENSIONAL.
7. James ConkerNob has been arrested for the underground sale of cardboard prostitutes. These ladys come in various sizes and the corrugated texture is a real turn on (so I'm told). Are cut out ladies the filth of the future and would you ever marry a tin can?
Errm no you'd cut your dick open on the sharp bits, and also you'd get paper cuts. I'm sticking to sheep and cows. Also dead girls . . . they dont say no.
8. Pains and pleasures about the punk scene and heroes and zeroes in music and life please?
9. You are on a future SAS gig - what have you heard about this tour so far and any of the bands on it?
10. Polythene Underpants - great for deviants who like seaty knackers and pimply bottoms but can Morrocon Weightlifters really benefit from such uncomfortable items of underwear?
I seriously doubt it. Weight lifters need something more, like leather or PVC. Especially if its see through, that would please the crowds,lol.
11. Best give you've ever attended - the bands and venue and what made it so special?
12. Finally - promote Section 47. Persuade us all to check ya out. Go for it.